Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to work

It's been awhile since I've posted. We have had a family emergency and I had to take an unscheduled break from my eBay business. It always takes me so long after a break to get things rolling again - I have been busy with a backlog of shipping and listing.

I attended the Twin City Postcard Club Spring show last week and found some great cards! I am excited about listing them - just wish there were more hours in the day!

I listed several fun ones last week. Perhaps my favorite is this one of the Grizzly Bear Rug Display at the Holt Reinhart Department Store in Montreal QC. I wonder if they still have this department? It can be found on ebay here GRIZZLY BEAR RUGS HOLT RENFREW DEPT STORE QUEBEC QC POSTCARD :
I started to list a postcard of men scaling a wall of marble at a quarry in Carrara Italy when I became curious about the name of the recipient (the message referred to drawings for a Virgins Chapel). A Google search revealed that the recipient was Emmanuel Masquery, a noted architect at the turn of the century. He spent the last years of his life in St Paul and designed the Roman Catholic Cathedral in St Paul and the Basilica in Minneapolis. Cool! It can be found here:
CARRARA MARBLE QUARRY ITALY POSTCARD TO EL MASQUERAY.


I'd best get back to work now - more later.

TTFN

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment