Thursday, September 9, 2010

RPPC REAL PHOTO POSTCARDS OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN

I guess my favorite postcards are the photo postcards circa 1910 of women and children. Sadly, these are often not identified. They give us a litle insight into how life was at that time through the vintage clothing and the subjects' demeanor. Somehow I feel I understand my grandmothers (one was born in 1890 and the other in 1901) a little better by enjoying pictures of their contemporaries.

I love this unidentified postcard of a woman pouring a drink of beer in her kitchen!


Sometimes the postcards are formal studio photographs, such as this one of three women from Duluth MN dressed for the cold Minnesota winters.

This postcard is listed in my eBay store here: RPPC POSTCARD WOMEN IN FURS GREAT HATS DULUTH MN


Sometimes a relative or friend captures a photograph in a natural setting like this one:

On eBay:RPPC POSTCARD CHILDREN WITH CALF COW WI WISCONSIN 1909


I think the girl on the right looks like Pippi Longstocking
On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD GIRL FRIENDS ON FRONT STOOP CIRCA 1920

This little boy looks like Tom Sawyer!On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD LITTLE BOY IN SHORT PANTS TOM SAWYER HAT


How about these two little sweet babies?
On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD MARGERY & GALE FOX - CHILDREN GREAT HATS


This photograph of an old woman identified as being 80 years old (born around 1830) is intriguing!On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD OLD WOMAN IN CHAIR AUNT DANIEL 80 YRS OLD


This photograph lets us see the plight of itinerant farm workers - lots of people living in those bunk houses - probably without running water and electricity!

On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD FARM WORKER FAMILIES @ BUNKHOUSE c 1910

Living in Minnesota, many of the subjects of the postcards I find are of Scandinavian descent - lots of blonde children. These little girls are especially adorable - take note of their shoes!

On eBay: RPPC POSTCARD BLONDE LITTLE GIRLS IN WHITE W/ FLOWERS


I could go on and on but this is enough for today - I will followup another time with more great postcards. I currently have over 200 similar real photo postcards of people listed on eBay - check them out here: Moody Mommy's Real Photo Postcards RPPC of Women, Children, Men, Babies, Families









No comments:

Post a Comment